Monday, July 02, 2007

My Scrap Bday party

Surprise! Although some of my friends already had a hint of what to expect this past Saturday, I still managed to gave them a thrill of excitement. FYI, we started 9:00AM and called it a night past 10PM, are we addicts or what! So here goes, let the photos speak for themselves!



In retro... thanks to CJ, mareng s and abiik for setting up the table!
Thanks to cute#1 and lily for the balloons


The goodies!
A bag and a shoe which brings out the kakikayan (sassiness) in me! I added the flower accent which is one of my favorite dies. I just put in a chocolate bar inside the shoe, which shows my addiction to chocolate, inside the bag are the polka ribbons and ricrac, which are staples in my scrap stash and the additional goodies are the epoxy accents I did!


How to make the epoxy accents:
I used Sizzlits dies to cut the flower, heart and star (use cs quality pps for best results)... to make the heart and star look like buttons, I punched 2 small holes at the center, then I lay them all flat and start pouring the Plaid clear glass dimensional paint, do the outlines first then slowly cover the whole area, keep a toothpick handy to pop the bubbles that might come out. Let them stand for at least 3 hours and voila! you alreay have your epoxy goodies. You can also use this paint in your pps to highlight the designs or patterns, just be extra careful when pouring them.


Just a note, I almost cried when my Sizzix sidekick had a hint of giving up after cutting almost 100pcs of flower sets, 80 of which are foams. But my sidekick is okay now, it just needs a little kick every now and then *LOL*

More goodies from Abiik -felt die cuts using her Zip-e-mate

Share your Stash! Everyone brought their stash to give away and all of us go gaga over the goodies in one tableful of scraps, many thanks to abiik for bringing in lots of her stash! And thanks to cute#1 for bringing her gorgeous Revo and that stinking cute Spicy Chicken font dies!



Fun games - Tag me if you can! Congratulations to CJ for finishing the tag the fastest!




Scrap o' Pair - First pair to bring me the matching pp scattered off the walls.
Congratulations to Mader and Leslie!




How to make a shaker box by abiik - kudos to Chinqui and Lily for making their own shaker box


Food, food and more food! Ate Gina's famous sawsawang suka (vinegar dip) for the lumpiang shanghai is a must at our scrap meet.Yummy!


The make and take project - A mini desk mirror
(here are the bits n pieces found inside the kit) - 2pcs pulp coaster, mirror, ribbons, ricrac, prima flowers, prong jewels,jewel brads, papemelroti quote cards, square cut cs, 2 pcs pre-cut pp, flower lace, pushpin, flower/dragonfly die cut, felt ribbon, rub-ons



The complete set




The making of Amy's baby album





Blowing the candles and making a wish! Thanks CJ for the yummy cake! Can you tell how old I am? I'll send the extra kit to whoever can guess it right (plus I'll throw in other goodies!). I will pick in random. Anybody can join except for those who already attended my party ahihihi, just post the answer at the comments portion. =)

The scraplift challenge!
The fastest scrapper ever! Thanks to abiik for making this LO in an instant, she scrapped the event!
Thanks to pre for her special She LO for me, and of course the goodies I received from my friends.
The scrap addicts who stayed until past 10PM, thanks to Pader for taking our Korean pose photos!

Special thanks to mareng s for conniving with me on this endeavor ahihihi, to abiik and cute#1 for taking the photos of the event, and to all of my scrapping friends who attended, tenchu tenchu!
Until our next Scrap Meet!

6 comments:

janujennifer said...

very exciting and fun! kakainggit! and the shoes....that was cute!

Ben said...

wow....love those little shoes. sure looks like you had lots of fun. food looks lovely too.yummy...

sarah (tahoedreamin from pub challenge!)

Emily said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had LOADS of fun. the shoes are great! I can't guess how old you are though... thought the candles might have been a clue....

Emily (also from pub ad challenge!)
;O)

Suzy said...

Looks like so much fun - I definitely would have been there past 10pm.

And I tried to use the candles as a clue, so I'm guessing 34 but you look much younger than me so that can't be right. :)

Suzy

Valerie Salmon said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Marix!
Now, you sure know how to throw a party. Looks like so much fun.

Cynthia said...

I love those shoes! Please share the pattern! :)