Monday, February 11, 2008

Tool talk

Another twist happened in my personal life, I was stunned but life goes on. Sentiments should be in another blog not here *wink*

Here are my accomplishments the past 4.5 days of non-working holiday. What's funny is I did most of these during late nights because I was busy going house to house or simply watching DVD movies during daytime. I'm still restless, I'm not getting any good night sleep lately so might as well scrap.


Here are the 5 tags I did for the scrappinkids A Tag charity drive, very simple ones but I'm happy with the result. The middle one is my favorite which is an altered circle chipboard. On the lower right corner, not sure if the shape looks like a bird hehehe I freely hand cut the shape from a bare chipboard then altered with my scrap pps, back to back! I so missed using my Mod Podge, I used the blue one, which is for paper but I still prefer the green one which is for outdoor, and the use of fiskars craft knife made the cutting so smooth. If you haven't tried it or bought it, it's a must have, especially to someone like me who s*cks in cutting!

ETA: Scrappinkids need more pledges, I'll try to do a few more tags, I hope you can make a tag too, its fun!

And here are my odd LOs, odd because I can't seem to scrap the way I used to. All sketch from Pagemaps.
I used my ATB Phrasemaker for the first time, I have to! otherwise my money just went into the waste bin. This tool is a nightmare to me, I should have think twice before buying this. IMHO, it's a disappointing follow-up after the much talked about ATB's paper tagger which is one of my favorite tool. Now looking at the new tool of ATB, the paper gator, hmmm nope still not on my wish list, I hope ATB can think of better and useful tools soon.


love the photos here but I don't like how my LO turned out

Here's a distressed LO, lovin' that Heidi Swapp edge distressing tool , super cool and cheap too! I think I went a little overboard with my distressing hehehe

Special thanks to cute#1 for lending us her Quickutz! ( shapes and letters- M&M LO and the swirls in friends LO) I wonder when can we use her Cricut? *lol* (tenchu pala sa magazines!)

Mareng s and I have been on a lookout of what CHA Winter 2008 has to offer. We're loving the Love, Elsie collection, well what's not to love with Elsie? And check out this new toy from Making Memories to be released July! so plenty of time to save hahaha

3 comments:

Wati Basri said...

Benga,those are lovely tags!thanks for supporting Scrappin Kids Care!!We trully appreciate that :) btw...those are lovely LOs as well

Kwebbel said...

Hi,
I'm Kwebbel/Susanne from Germany - I like your LO's they are so friedly and coulorful!
Thank you for your wunderful blog!

I have a blog too, and I have a list of scrapper from over 25 Scrapper around the world and you are my scrapper from Singapore!

If you want you can visit my blog!

Lovely greetings
Kwebbel

http://scrapbookinghohenlohe.blogspot.com/

Edleen said...

Marix, lovely layouts!!! and those tags are really pretty :) the kids will adore them!