Saturday, April 19, 2008

Breaking the rules!

Friday night was no gimmick night, went straight home, ate dinner, watch a little TV and off to scrapping until the wee hours of the morning!
When mojo comes there's no stopping, here are my accomplishments last night.


This is my take on CPS sketch #60

A sketch from My Paper World, bday card for Eanna

(love the cupcake stamp from Pink Paislee and added a pompom for texture)


sketch from CardMaps by Becky Fleck

(used my new stamp from Cloud 9)


Anything goes card

(stamp from Imaginisce, also starting to make use of my MM eyelet setter)



and a thank you tag (stamp from Inque Boutique)
And here's a little playing and breaking the rules too! I bought a color wheel early last year but never used it ever! I guess I'm not the type to worry about colors, I play it safe but sometimes I do break the rules, as long as it looks good to me I give it a go, so here's a mix of pastel with dark/bright color.

I did try using my Fiskars craft knife, but eventually used my ever dependable cutterbee scissors! One advise, move away from Kaiser Craft rubons, oh men, I almost cried since it's the last thing I added in my LO, it just doesn't rub-on the LO, I fixed it using my black uniball signo pen. I'm not a fan of rubons but I do buy them, yes coz they are pretty *lol*, but the best I used so far is Basic Grey. Anyway, I did this for Eanna, DD of liliput, isn't she a cutie! She's 3! Happy Birthday Eanna!




One downside, I broke my cutterpede while cleaning up *sigh* I hope I can fix it with mighty glue/bond, oh well.

I'm off now to party!!! Happy Saturday!

10 comments:

CHINA 中国风格 said...

hello I am very happy to know you

Anabelle said...

Wow, your mojo really was flowing. These are all amazing. I love your layout. The cutout work is fabulous! And your take on the CPS car is just awesome!

salme said...

Love, love your LO!

so MM trimmer na? joke lang po hehehehe

yoyin said...

hi, marix!!! :) looooove the LO you did for Liliput's DD. mas maganda ngang gamitin yung cutterbee. nagkakalyo na ako sa X-acto knife kaya bought the scissors (kahit medyo pricey - super sulit naman kasi mas mabilis gumupit). :)

Amanda McIlhatton said...

Hi Marix
Your cards and scrapbook pages are wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog today! :)

My Paper World said...

I love ALL your beautiful creations Benga!
Thanks so much for using the sketch!
Nicola xx

Beth said...

Wow! There is no stopping you! These are all gorgeous, I love the little pom-pom on the cupcake!

debby4000 said...

Whoa amazing cards, fantastic colours but I love the layout at the bottom.

Charity Hassel said...

super work! love the flowers on your cps sketch card!!

Chipmunk said...

Hello! Great work! I'm so glad I got one of these tags from you! Thanks thanks again Marix! =* *muah*