Thursday, April 10, 2008

Card break

Time for a break! for cardmaking that is... I have a lot of backlog photos to scrap, I should start focusing in scrapping again but as a starter I thought of playing first to spark my mood. *wink* Here's another summer LO, can you tell I love summer? This is my entry to Scrapdragons Challenge # 14 - foolin around.
use the word "fool" , use something "unexpected" , must not use any two products from the same line/manufacturer



For something unexpected, I used the plastic case of chipboard packaging and made it into a shaker box! I love shaker box, I have this old LO which has the biggest shaker box I ever did so far. Anyway, I also used scraps of my KI lace cs, Kaiser craft for the photo mat, 3bugs in a rug for the sun, creative cafe for the button, AC for the ribbons, Bo Bunny fot the tag, cut out slippers from Reminisce pp - got the idea from abiik's LO, doodlebug for the letter stickers, prima decorative tape as photo borders, beads and some punchouts inside the shaker box.
Since this is a summer LO, I also entered this to our very own ScrappersatSG challenge # 15 - Summer and since I used something recyclable (the plastic casing) I entered this LO for Create challenge, how's that for another 3 in 1 LO!
Prior to the above LO, I did this ad inspired LO that is supposed to be my entry to scrapdragons, but forgot about the other rules such as using one product per manufacturer, but nonetheless I still did it. In case you're wondering how come I always do ad inspired LOs, well actually if you're a pea at 2Peas you can go to the PUB message board and look for the thread by *Paula*, she posts ad inspirations every Monday.

Materials: Love, Elsie Zoe collection, KI memories gellie frame, prima flowers, MM brad, Whale of a punch puncher (for the circle)

Blogcandy is still on-going, just post a comment here and the coming posts until April 16! I'll be posting an additional goodie to this RAK very soon!

22 comments:

yoyin said...

halata talagang newbie ako when i saw your shaker box. first time to see one used in a layout. what a wonderful idea!!! :) love the sun and the slippers, too. :)

jeanie said...

hi!i like the flip-flops. where did you get them? :)

salme said...

thanks for telling me the technique ;) grabe amaze na amaze talaga ako dyan sa flip-flops na yan! WTG!

Kwebbel said...

Hi Benga,
super Lo!
The Flip-Flos are super - I really like them!
Greetings from Germany
Kwebbel

liliput said...

ang galing ng shaker box :) at syempre ang flip flops super cute!

iris said...

The flip flops are so cute! Hay napakacreative!! :)

bbhome said...

I love the shaker box idea !!

Cute#1 said...

ang cute marix! =)

Sandra Yu said...

another fab LO.. love the slippers..cutie! summer na summer..

My Paper World said...

I LOVE the cute flip flops Benga!
What a great Lo! xx

Aida Haron said...

Hey Marix !!! Good luck on the challenge, love the lace cs used to make waved !! Aida

Edleen said...

simply fabulous Marix! :)

hope you're keeping well and have a lovely Friday :)

Rachelle said...

cute nong flip-flops na gawa mo.

Scrapdragons said...

awesome layouts!!
~laura

janu-jenn said...

very refreshing page, marix! at ang cute ng pagkalift mo sa ad!

Chipmunk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chipmunk said...

Great idea for the ad-inspired layout (will look up that thread in 2peas). Both LOs are wonderful! (and yes, I'm loving the flip-flops) More please!

Krista B. said...

Your layouts are amazing - I luv the flip flops : )

Candy said...

Love the slippers! Makes me feel like I'm about to go in the pool myself!

Khei de Dios said...

love the flip flops on your layout. can i lift the one that was inspired by a mag? it's so cute!

CraftFairy said...

Wow, Marix, always awesome LOs as usual! and I LOVE the flip flops! How creative!

Jennie(Jenn) said...

hey! thank you for joining create..

how are you my dear?