Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friend of PageMaps

Yipeeee! I'm finally a friend of PageMaps, many thanks to Miss Becky Fleck for the opportunity. She's really friendly and helpful! You see I had trouble cropping in circle, (I'm really a dummy with Photoshop), and she was kind enough to offer that she do the editing for me. Thanks again Becky!
Here's the roundmap sketch- August RoundMaps

And here's my take

I was excited and pressured when I got the assignment. First I was stuck on what photos to use... I want my Mama to be in that LO and I want to use good photo shots as much as possible. I ended up using these photos of us, taken by my Dad. I did some photo editing to blur the background and highlight our images, can't remember how long it took me to finish the editing as I'm not really sure what I'm doing *lol* And finally after printing the photos I decided to use the color scheme of the photo as my inspiration. I tried my best to stick to the sketch and keep the bellies to a minimum. Make it simple, that's my goal.


The strips on the right are scraps and even the butterfly! I just found a transparency stamped with a blue butterfly from my stash, I was testing my Opaque Blue Stazon at that time as far as I can remember, and so I cut it out and added pearls and stickles, I love the result. The same concept was done in my previous LO, except that it was heat embossed. It was an experiment that didn't turn out good, thanks to stickles it somehow proved to be useful.
By the way mareng s was also chosen! see her pretty DD in the LO titled "Live out Loud".
So that's the story of the LO... the end. *LOL*
Hope I didn't bore you... Friday again, first of August, beginning of the ghost month for the Chinese but for me it means one month away to the "ber" month...Christmas is just around the corner!

4 comments:

Cris Lopes said...

Congrats, Benga! Your LO is so beautiful! :)

Edleen said...

Great LO there Marix! :)

have a great weekend!

trisha too said...

pretty layout! :)

Chipmunk said...

Congratulations Benga! As in! You totally deserve it! =D Keep up the great work and keep on inspiring us! *muah*