Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Birthday cards

Here's my entry for Allison's Abstract challenge, sketch from CPS #76...

I was inspired by her card, so I also used my gold embossing powder. Stamps: Prima Build a Frame, Inque Boutique for butterfly and stalks

Now here's my take for Kazan's Sketch 6 at 2 Sketches 4 You



The close-ups are details of stamping in transparency, I'm so hooked by Jennifer's transparency class at 2Peas. This is from her 2nd video, using black Stazon to stamp on transparency and using markers to color the details, I love the effect! Her 3rd video is up, this time using acrylic paint to stamp on transparency, love it, I will try it soon!

Hey head on to mareng s blog, she's giving away a RAK! Check it out HERE!

This is my last post for this week as I'm going on a guilt trip! *LOL* I'm taking a break, yipeee!

Have a good week my friends ;)

13 comments:

kath said...

fabulous card for the sketch and love those cute flowers
Kath
xxxx

Kazan Clark said...

what a beautiful fun b/day card that I am sure would make anyone celebrate! Thanks so much for playing at 2 Sketches 4 You this week :)

Jess said...

Great cards! Love the glitter butterfly.

Marie said...

Awesome Cards! I love how you accented the butterfly in gold!

Allison said...

Your creation for the abstract challenge is so unique! Love that glittery butterfly and what a cool mix of colors! Thanks for your repeat plays!

Joke said...

What a lovely card for 2s4y. Great warm colours. Hope to see you next week again.

Joke

Kathryn said...

Great cards -- Love the flowers- so very pretty!

Chipmunk said...

Love your cards! (as always). Happy "guilt trip" and hope to see y'all soon at the next scrap meet. Cheers!

~Carla~ said...

Great card! Love all the different techniques you've used! Awesome!

Cris Lopes said...

Your projects are so colorful! So beautiful! Awesome!

~ AM said...

Hi Marix! HUGE congrats for making the ScrapStars DT!! So happy for you!! :) Can't wait to see your work for them. :)

Charity Hassel said...

cool take on the cps sketch! the butterfly's so pretty!

Michelle Goton-Bertuzzi said...

Truly love what you did with the transparency. I'm a big fan!