Sunday, August 24, 2008

Things to always remember

A few of Collin McCarty's wise words:
Take time to wish upon a star.
You're unique and one of a kind.
Don't take things too seriously.
Understand, have courage, be strong.
So many dreams are awaiting to be realized.
You'll make it through whatever comes along.

This is for Aida's challenge posted at MWL Materials: Bazzill cs; chatterbox, 7gypsies and jenni bowlin pps; prima flower; chatterbox letter stickers, MM paint, OA and Inque boutique stamps (butterflies); MM foam stamps (small swirls); transparency; Opaque Blue Stazon; stickles (turquoise and diamond); fabric trims; glitter,gems

...using this cover as inspiration.






Coincidentally I had problems re-installing Adobe Photoshop CS3 at the office, nope not for personal use (though I admit I use it more on personal basis) but for some graphics editing for our website.


Anyway moving on, we also need to use paint and glitters, so I'm back with my good old transparency butterflies and now look at my glittered mini butterflies using this technique.




I also did some masking, I initially want lots and lots of big swirls but I don't have stamps like that so I used a chipboard backing as stencil for my swirl, I tried once and then stopped. I'm scared to mess up my LO so I just added little swirls using MM foam stamps.

One more project to be posted soon, thanks for dropping by!



2 comments:

Michelle Goton-Bertuzzi said...

Oh, I love this one. Love the colors, combination of patterned paper and how your photo stands out with the title.

scrapgurl said...

Love what you did with the photo as as flower center. super cute!