Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Jewelry Box

OK before I post another project I did last weekend here are some cool challenges you may want to dive in:

*Scrapstars* EXTENDED DEADLINE!!! Sept 7, hurry and submit your Super Hot LO! *wink*

Pencil Lines - lots lotsa goodies and chances to win!

2sketches4u - yummy kit prize

PageMaps - if you haven't done a 6x12 LO, here's your chance using Becky's sketch and you might win this Boo-tay prize

Prima Build a Page - Prima goodies at stake!

And some Blog candies:
A video and goodies by Leah Fung
Hero Arts

Now on to my project:

This is an altered jewelry box, the actual color is a mix of natural wood and black. So instead of covering the black portion with pp I decided to stamp on it using my White Stazon and of course used stickles to outline the design. I used lavander, orange peel, pink, candy cane, turquoise and my fave color, platinum! See the glittery round handle (center of the flower), I spread glossy accents and then pour on the glitters, super fun technique I discovered from Mel, you can also do the same for your brads and buttons.


On a personal note...

I'm again under medication, doctor's order I must get some rest...I got a good night sleep because of the cough syrup that made me drowsy. I've been sleeping without aircon for almost a week now but my bff is teasing me about my messy bedroom that he says collects dust and thus maybe affecting my health. Well it does sank on me that half of my bedroom is occupied by my scrap stuff, most of them are open and in display. Yaikks, can scrapbooking be hazardous to my health?
Hmmm, should I jump into digital and give away my stuff? I had a dream/nightmare about it long time ago, that I gave away all my stuff as a RAK, can you believe that? When I told my scrappin friends about it they started choosing which ones they would like to have *LOL* . But I'm seriously considering options to resolve my dilemma.

I'm thinking of buying a cabinet that would fit all my scrapstuff and maybe ask permission from my housemates to place it in the living room instead of my bedroom. Whatever excess that would not fit in the cabinet I would give away, sounds fair? Now where can I find that big cabinet? *LOL* So I guess I have to do away with this crappy organization I currently have...

for the sake of my health. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Chipmunk said...

Hope you're feeling better Marix! *hug*

Grabe, I've missed reading your blog, buti na lang ang daming bago! Hehehe.. Tama sabi ni Candy, you're so prolific!

Michelle Goton-Bertuzzi said...

Maybe what you need is a scrapbox! I would love to have one myself too! It'll be a dream come true! Click on www.scrapboxstore.com

Edleen said...

Marix, sending you HUGS and hope you will be feeling fine. take the Doctor's orders and hopefully you will be A ok :)

that jewelry box is so Lovely!
take care!

Lesli said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Love the jewelry box!!!

Liza said...

hi marix! hope you're feeling better now! and how could i have missed the announcement on your assignment as scrapstar design team member! congrats girl! way to go!

jakey said...

something on my blog for you babe!

jk xx

Candy said...

Congratulations to you too, Marix! You really are burning brightly wherever you go! That is one way COOOOL jewelry box!!! Naturuan mo tuloy akong gumawa ng bulaklak, just the inspiration I need for the SIdol Challenge. I like the jewel-tipping. Is that glitter at the tips of the petals? Oks lang ba?