Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Mother's lullaby

Here's another tribute to my Mama, this is my entry for The Design X Challenge #30 and using sketch #1 from Inspired Blueprints.
I really love this song "Ugoy ng Duyan" by Levi Celerio, I used to sing this song in my mind whenever I'm feeling down and low. Nothing beats my Mama's hugs and kisses to comfort me, I really miss her.

I was searching the net for the official english translation of the song but couldn't find one, but there are a lot of unofficial translations and this one is my best choice from a certain dido.

I hope that my old days will never fade
As a small child in my mother's arms
I wish to hear again my beloved mother's songs
Songs of love while I was in the cradle(repeat)
In my deep, deep slumber
My keepers are the stars
The stars are my guardians
In my mother's arms
Life is heaven
My heart full of pain
Longs to rock in your arms again Mother
Mother, I wish you were here
I hope that my old days will never fade
As a small child in my mother's arms
I wish to hear again my beloved mother's songs
Songs of love while I was in the cradle


Pull-out hidden journaling (at the back of the title) includes the following quote while at the back is the Tagalog lyrics of the song.
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon

Here's another one I finished during our scrap marathon, an LO for my dear friends mader and pader. A simple belated birthday gift for mader cecel. Tenchu tenchu for your warm hospitality *wink*

My entry for ScrappersatSG -24 stickers challenge.

And a Christmas card...Don't forget my mini blogcandy HERE! (just scroll below the post if you don't want to read my blabber *lol*)

Weekend is almost over so let's relax and rejuvinate for the coming work week! Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Dena said...

your layout for the Design X challenge turned out WONDERFUL! I am so glad you found our blog and participated :)
We look forward to seeing more layouts from you in the future!
Happy Scrapping!

salme said...

Wow wow wow on the new layouts! Ang gaganda!

jakey said...

I've had pooter probs and haven't been doing much blog visiting, so I come by to see what you've been up to and find all this! You are amazing! Love your work Benga :-)

Have a happy day!
jakey xxx

Allison said...

Just lovely Marix!

Christy said...

Very cute layout for the Inspired Blueprints sketch! Love the swirls! :)

~ AM said...

Such a pretty layout, Marix. Love the colors!! :) Thanks for playing along. :)