Saturday, November 22, 2008

Altered Frame

I stumbled on to Cabbie's altered frame and I love the project, I gave it a try using the tutorial by Iris at Artz de Scrap, so here's my take...
Materials:
Ikea Frame (for 4R photo), Basic Grey pp, Hambly, prima flowers, KCK swirl chipboard, AC ribbon, foofala clear button, wood pattern stamp, Cloud 9 stamp, MM acrylic paint, distress crackle paint, glimmer mist, Tiom Holtz distress inks, black Stazon, versamark watermark, ranger clear embossing powder and crystal embossing powder, diamond glaze, lace, gems, paper tagger (to bind the calendar), googled the printable calendar and got it from this site

I painted the frame in pink and tried masking using the glimmer mist, but again I failed. Since the mist is waterbased the masking didn't show and so I just wiped it off but was surprised to see the effect on the wood, looks aged so I liked it! I then stamped it with a wood pattern using black Stazon.
Finally I got the cracked effect!
I'm loving the shiny glossy effect of adding diamond glaze on a chipboard, of course you have to wait overnight to let it dry completely. The button is heat embossed using the crystal sparkle powder.
And lastly I tried the resist stamp technique...
I stamped the sentiment with Versamark watermark on a white cs, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Again I experimented with color and mixed several inks to paint the background. I tore the edges and inked to add depth.
I'm going to give this to a dear friend and I hope I can make a few more :)
Thanks for looking and don't forget my BLOGCANDY here.

4 comments:

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Ooohhh.... I love the crackle paint. I only have 1 and it's green! :) And wow, all those materials you used! Lots of details.

Edleen said...

great project Marix! and lovely LO you did too :)

wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Liza said...

Wow That is a Beautiful Frame! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Allison said...

Gorgeous...great mix of elements here Marix!