Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My recipe

Mareng s has a fun challenge at Create, a witches brew and here's my recipe:
1. eye of newt --- 2 buttons (Creative Cafe)
2. toe of frog --- 2 swirl chipboard (KCK)
3. wool of bat --- 3 different kinds of ribbons (satin, gros grain, velvet)
4. tongue of dog --- 6 Prima flowers
5. blind worm's sting --- 1 sheer embellishment (Heidi Grace heart)



It was my first time to use a crackle paint, I guess I was too anxious to see the cracks and immediately heat set the swirls, I'm so disappointed when the cracks are hardly visible, yaikks! So I decided to apply diamond glaze instead to make it shiny and I love the epoxy effect!
And oh yeah I had another blooper creating this LO, I was trying out the glimmer mist for the first time and got carried away spraying my paper that it became soggy, yaikks again! Luckily I had another pp a little similar to what I ruined, that is my background pp, is it Hambly? not sure. I also accidentaly sprayed on another photo so this is now a single photo LO. After the bloopers I decided to bail out of using glimmer mist in this project. Maybe I'll try it later.
Now here are my sneak peeks for Scrapstars next challenge, it's gonna be fun! I hope you will find time to join coz I'll be giving away some candies! Details coming soon!

Meanwhile head on to Scrapstars for some inspiration on adding stitches in your LO, there are gorgeous samples posted for your viewing pleasure!

Blogcandy alert:
Head on to Alecia's blog on details of winning this yummylicious candy! Goodluck to us!

I just need to clean up my mess before bedtime, goodnight!

7 comments:

Raike said...

It's your recipe for beautiful gift card….. you are so creative, well done.

Chipmunk said...

Great layout! I love the epoxy effect too! (I thought you bought it like that, hehe). Sayang yung glitter mist! Hope you can still show it later on.

Chipmunk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tnapay said...

love your layout benga. :) galing ng color combo mo. ang picture, happiness is indeed evident in it. :-D

Lydia said...

Your layout is so cute! I love your piggy button!

Jennie (Jenn) said...

lovely page!!!

Jennie (Jenn) said...

thanks for visiting my boring blog.. :p