Friday, January 16, 2009

Fruity

First a story... yet again *lol*
Aside from cross stitching I once ventured into beading as well, here's one of my first creations. IRL, the color of this necklace is lilac, the camera can't seem to get the true colors, anyway the staggered crystals are Swarovski crystal beads.


After a few more bracelets, I then made a complete set, a necklace, bracelet, ring and earrings for my Mama. To make them more special I only used Swarovski crystal beads, instead of using seed beads as spacers I used smaller crystals. Now the blooper...
I sent them through a small bubble envelope WITHOUT registering the mail, darn right? My Mama never received the mail, she said, more of the cost I just lost (around 70SGD?), it was the effort and labor of love that I just lost to some heartless person that stole those precious jewelries. *sigh* I never had the chance to make her another one not even a single piece of earring, maybe I was too heart broken *lol*
--- The end---

OK here now is my entry for Artz de Scrap, my very own Fruity bracelet!



I used AL clear buttons and small flower buttons, MR trinkets and plastic crystal beads as spacers and an elastic string to hold them together. Super fun!
Not sure if my teen cousin would appreciate this one, it's her birthday next week and I'm sending her this card, in addition to some cute stuff I bought for her.

I used CPS #99 card sketch


Still tweaking my blog, sorry for errors you may encounter... thanks again for the visit.
Happy weekend!

Marix

5 comments:

Lea L. said...

Such a bright and happy card! Great job with sketch 99...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Jill Deiling said...

ohh your braclets and card are so pretty marix!! I just started to get back into beading myself, you inspire me!!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

i love your fruity bracelet dear!nice take.

Liza said...

That bracelet is soo pretty! I've got the same fruity bits but was not sure what to do with them. Thank you for the Inspiration!

Great take on the challenge and thank you for your submission Benga!

Candy said...

Great bracelet there, Marix!!! You still have another possible way of making some money, if you ever want to. Really gorgeous! And I do hope the one who got your necklace set gets what he/she deserves. LOL!