Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life the way I want it

Here's a totally out of the box challenge at our very own ScrappersatSG , to create a project using non-scrapbooking materials, read as non-acid free or acidic materials *lol*. I previously made something like this a long time ago at Kaya but not everything is non-acidic. Here's my take on the challenge...
I started picking bits and pieces of non-acid items in my mess... corrugated box, paper doily, cupcake papers, tags, brochure, coaster, pipe cleaner, soda tab, etc. and then started having fun!


I thought this bubble message would be a fun addition to the LO ;)

There are items that I did not use like the shirt-shaped coaster (too heavy!) and the pipe cleaner. I used the highlighter tape for the hot pink border and then doodled with black pen.
So there's my Save the Earth LO, remember if you want to preserve such LOs, just spray with Krylon.

And just sharing this awesome wall decal I'm contemplating to buy to decorate my new room coming March, check out this site and help me decide!






















Thanks for dropping by and reading my blabber... I have one more lovey dovey LO coming up. Wooohooo tomorrow is Friday again!
Marix

4 comments:

liliput said...

Galing talaga very innovative ;) ganda po nung decal.. gusto ko din yon.. hehehe

Card Patterns said...

Oooh, really out of the scrapbook box thinking & turned out lovely! How's your mom?
Michelle-Jiroken

pigmentations said...

I love ittt! totally rad. you look slimmer, sis... prettier! :)

~bjay

Anne-Marie said...

That's so cool, Marix, to use the cardboard as the backing for your layout. Funky! :)