Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh well

Just sharing my accomplishments for the past week, I've been playing with some mediums... so here goes...

I did some flocking (inner leaf) and of course a whimsy handstitching!



This is my take for this week's sketch from SC.

Flocking the owl and the leaves and using crackle painting for the MR branch chipboard
Here are the stuff I used for the flocking - Zig glue and Stampendous flock and for the crackle paint I used Tim Holtz Distress paint.
On a side note, just kinda sad, remember the news I shared about my LO winning 3rd in some contest? I was too happy to win my prize of $50 worth of scrapping goodies at their shop but it turned out the shipping cost would be more than that, yaikss! and of course the shipping cost is not included in my prize, though I initially informed them that I'm willing to shoulder the cost. But $50 for the shipping cost for a paper kit and mini chipboard album? Is it really that high? aahhh so sad so I just begged off and turned down the prize. I have yet to receive a response from them, I just hope they didn't send it yet or else I owe them $53 (to be exact) which is more than enough to buy myself the paper kit and the album at my LSS. Oh well..

Meanwhile I will share more of my hectic weekend on my next post but got to sleep early coz tomorrow is another manic Monday. Good night!

Marix


4 comments:

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

Hahaha, I love your title!
Aren't those PP from WeR gorgeous?
I love the stitching, adorable!
Sorry to hear about the high shipping. I feel for ya. It's ridiculous how shipping fee for some online stores cost a dime. It's really frustrating, even for me who lives across the border from US, having to pay $24 for shipping a 4x6 stamp sheet is unacceptable when it only cost them $6.

~Sasha Farina~ said...

flocking! you're brave!!! I'm scared of the mess LOL... awesome works marix! Thanks for visiting me!

pigmentations said...

naks, techo-inspired :)

I don't think I am touchng the flocking thingy. I'm way too tamad for that :)

but I love how yours turned out! ahw-sum :)

~bjay

Liza said...

LOve these layouts Marix! Cute how you strategically placed those paper cut-outs. Great work on the flocking!