Monday, June 29, 2009

Life goes on

I'm trying my best to pick myself up and keep myself busy. I promised to finish the graduation album so that's gonna be on top of my list. But with several attempts I can't even create a card much less create an LO. So while I'm scrapblocked, I still do my bloghops for more inspiration.

One major event in the scrapping world in the Philippines is the Scrappin' Moms Idol 3. The Pinays are definitely oozing with talent. The elimination round results was announced and you can see all the entries here. And as a big fan of this event, I will share with you my top picks and favorites. Most of the contestants have been my on-line friends and a few I met personally so my views are entirely based on what caught my attention and pleases my eye *wink*

First round is to interpret this ad



And here are my top picks:

Pagudpud Overload by Sandra Yu
Just one look at the thumbnails and my attention was directed to this LO. The contrast of the colors, the placement of the title and her interpretation of the ad was very striking.



Hippie by Janis Maghinay
I love the bright colors on this LO, the cute photos and the bits and pieces of embellishments. And the circle theme was never left out by her creative way of using a circle matting.



Cool Summer by Lee Imao
The summer theme itself was captured in this LO and what caught my eye was the masking technique which added flair and interest.


Note: All photos were taken directly from the gallery and/or scrappinmoms blog.


Thanks for all the support. Have a great week ahead.

Marix

1 comment:

Lee i. said...

Marix, I'm in your top 3. I am so honored and flattered, sis. Thank you. Sana masubaybayan mo pa ako hanggang sa huli at hindi ma-eliminate agad. Hahaha. Ingat.