Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Altered notebook

I love joining challenges because they make me do things I never thought I can do or "would" actually do LOL. I was quite excited when I read about Aida's Lift Me challenge at MWL. altering a notebook using fabric.
What a great timing since I've been using my sewing machine lately and I was fascinated by this cute mini book by Lizzy.
So here is my notebook, I cut a cardboard and sandwiched it with fabric and then run through my sewing machine.
This is also my take for Moxie Fab World: Fun with Fabric Challenge!

The inside is a recycled notebook I've been holding, can you see yahoo :), I just trimmed the pages the same size as my cover. I used zutter to bind them all.

I used a printed satin ribbon to make a flower and made the cover button to match.

I've been doing ruffles for my ribbon and I'm loving the texture. I outlined the design with stickles to match my stamped images that I heat embossed with crystal sparkle.

I'm now on a lookout for a perfect storage/table for my sewing machine, I found one at V.Hive perfect match with my cabinet but it will only be on stock mid next month so I have to wait awhile to organize... yet again ;P

Almost Thursday and it's gonna be a long weekend! wooohooo
Marix

5 comments:

Scrapper Maya said...

This is uber!! I love it!! *sigh* i will never be able to pull it off! :D

salme said...

Pretty!

Cath said...

Hey Marix! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Chok Keun said...

Loving the details of the cover page!!!

Sandy Ang said...

This is so sweet. Made me wish I could sew.