Saturday, May 15, 2010

itch to stitch

My sewing machine haunted me in my dreams LOL
So I finished my long overdue curtain, finally this clip on curtain has a partner, my finished curtain now hangs beautifully on both sides of my sofa bed ;P
I have a spare fabric so I gave the throw pillow case a try, no measurement, pure trial and error well mostly errors LOL. What do you think?
I was craving for more so I also stitched a cover for my sewing machine, nothing special, it was horrible actually so no photo for that hahaha
Then I started creating ruffles from ribbons and spare fabrics until I gave the fabric flowers a try. I was actually inspired by mareng s' paper roses!
There are plenty of tutorials out there, paper or fabric flowers, these are just my versions as from what I can recall. I'll give the link on my next post :) The flower on the right is what I like most, and I just added those leaves, I'm happy with the outcome I think I'm going to create more of these.
The fabric that I used are handkerchiefs from Daiso, not bad for 2$ a piece! The cover buttons are also from Daiso, it's a bit small so I decided to use other buttons.

And while hand-stitching the flowers I remembered about the felt projects I kept on hold. These are spoofs of Sassafras felties and dimensionals from American Crafts. These are all hand-cut without templates. I should have added an apple on that ipod felt, does it look like an ipod/iphone? Expect these to land in one of my layouts soon ;)
I was exhausted with all the stitching so I decided to call it a day or night actually, then I saw these clips bare and collecting dust. I remember about Ed's signage so I decided to alter them too! Hopefully my bills and receipts for the month will be organized.

And lastly, I finished two LOs last night! I will share them on my next post. Thanks again for taking time to read my lengthy post.
Happy weekend!
Marix

4 comments:

salme said...

You've been busy :D Ang gaganda, love ko lahat!

salme said...

You've been busy :D Ang gaganda, love ko lahat!

Jillian Deiling Cassity said...

wow, so many beautiful creations, I love them!!

scrapgurl14 said...

Very nice projects! I'd like to learn how to sew someday. :P

The roses are super cute and the signage too!