Friday, August 27, 2010

All you need to do

is hold on tight and believe... Stephen King

So true, a very apt quote for me this past few weeks :)

Our very own Scrappers@SG challenge #36 is hosted by one of our members, Bebang and sponsored by MWL!

So here it is! My initial plan was to use only rolled paper flowers but the flowers just won't cooperate so I mixed them with Primas and other flowers.
And the design was inspired by a wallpaper from iPhone, I first sketched my design on a white paper and was contemplating of either using black or white background but instead chose red. If I have to do this all over again I think I would prefer to use white LOL
I did around 10 rolled paper flowers but only used 6 pieces here in different sizes, and of course my ensemble would not be complete without spreading a rainbow of colorful stickles! The big butterfly was stamped, heat embossed, cut and accented with pearls and stickles too.
To mimic the background pattern of the design, I stamped with versamark and used african gold embossing powder.

And so it's done, after almost a week of planning!

Got a question from Sandy on my single ladies LO, the scallop shaped paper was from an old Pink Paislee and it was distressed as it is. Thanks Sandy for dropping by at my blog.

CJ and I will be attending the ScrapOlympics crop at MWL, I'm super excited since it has been a long time since we joined in one of their crop sessions.
Hope you all will have a scrappy weekend too!
Take care,
Marix

4 comments:

emsfronda said...

this is amazing! tutorial on how you did the rolled paper flowers please! ;o)

liliput said...

an eye catching LO! very beautiful! =)

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for the answer and linking up to my blog!

Love how you created the lady's hairdo with a pile-it-on floral display.

Chok Keun said...

wow, this is simply gorgeous!