Thursday, August 05, 2010

Just me

It has been quite some time since I last created a page for myself, so here goes for me, myself and I *wink* It's my yearly tradition to scrap a page about my birthday, well last year was an exception because of all the drama that happened to my life. But life goes on so here's me again, my simple thoughts on getting another year older. I'm a simple woman who rarely wears make-up, always on slacks, cargo pants or shorts but I do want to play dress up once in a while. So here's my pretty me with a little make-up and a do just for the sake of the camera LOL. Photos were self-portraits I took inside my room using the wardrobe as a backdrop. Not bad eh?

Using Creative Scrappers Sketch # 115

"Got gray hairs, wrinkles, varicose veins, double chin, eye bags among others... awful really, but they are constant reminders of who I have become. 37 years of treading the road less traveled and the journey continues..still thriving for I am strong... I am invincible... I am woman "

Lots and lots of stickles for the flowers, leaves and butterfly!
too scared to mess up my page so instead of stamping directly on the page I stamped on the acetate which worked out great with the ribbon and the blings! Did you notice my ribbon border? It's a technique shared by Irene Tan, click here for the details on making ribbon loops.

Finally Friday is coming! Gonna be a long weekend because Monday is Singapore's National Day! and it's the last day for my blog candy so check it out!

Thanks for the visit!
Marix

6 comments:

Jolanda said...

Wow,love this!!!very nice picyures!!!And you did a great job on the L/O!!!very beautiful with all the flowers!!!
Have a nice day,Jolanda

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful page and your pictures are great!

Teresa said...

Hello! very nice page, I love details and also you look very well!

bebang said...

love the 2nd (center) pic hahaha... and i bookmarked the tutorial...thanks Marix! :) great LO!

TanySol said...

Awesome work!!!!

sophie said...

gorgeous take on the sketch! one of my favorites!