Monday, November 28, 2011

Cake pops

First of all I would like to thank you all for the love and prayers sent to my Dad.   Thank God, his biopsy result was negative.  He's now resting at home and hopefully he will be completely healthy again in no time.  We're both looking forward for him to be back here again in Singapore.
...
Last Saturday was the baptism of our newest member in the DGC (choir) family, Baby Reese. My friend Jinky was again assigned to prepare a cake for the occasion. I will show all the details of the event on my next post.
Before scrapbooking I have the inclination to try out on baking.  Back home before I came here in Singapore I used to bake cookies and muffins.  I tried making brownies a couple of times but making cakes is definitely out of my league.

Anyway it breaks our heart to see all the cake scraps from Jinky's cakes to go to waste so we decided to make some cake pops!

I've been drooling over Bakerella's cake pops ever since Abiik introduced me to this site.  So here's my first try!   Don't ask me about the cake recipe, Jinky can help you with that. *winks*
I went to Phoon Huat hoping I can buy a ready made butter cream frosting to mix with the cake scraps to help them hold together. But I couldn't find one so I googled a simple recipe:
Butter, milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar

I used Wilton candy melts to cover the cake pops and some colored candy sprinkle. Yummy!

I was so excited to finish the cake pops so the size was ginormous, looks like meat balls LOL next time I'll make it smaller ;)

I hope you all will have a great week ahead!
Marix

No comments: