Friday, December 02, 2011

December Daily 2011 - Day 2

First of all I was surprised that the very talented Drew was eliminated from The XFactor? Why oh why?  It's like a dejavu of the local show The Protege (format was copied from XFactor) wherein the talented Lovely was also eliminated, but eventually came back as a wild card. Hopefully Xfactor will also have a wild card and Drew should be the one.

OK now back to December Daily...
My entry for today would be a recipe =)
Today I want to try out my cooking skills preparing a favorite local delight... Biko!

"Biko is a Filipino rice cake made from sticky rice (locally known as malagkit), coconut milk, and brown sugar. Like other rice cakes, this is referred to as kakanin (derived from the word “kanin” which means rice) and is often eaten as dessert or meryenda (mid-afternoon snack). " - Panlasang Pinoy

I will be using Panlasang Pinoy's recipe =)

And since I'm at it, I'll be pushing myself to a higher level LOL, I will be adding caramel topping using the recipe from Pinoyrecipe.net


If I succeed on this recipe, this will definitely be one of the desserts for our Noche Buena!

Wish me luck!


 TGIF!


ETA:
I wasn't paying attention and was too excited to cook that I missed out one of the instructions.  To cook the rice with less water so the mixture was a bit soggy. Nevertheless it was tasteful and my flatmates are quite satisfied, I just don't like the photos I took so no photo for this day ;) ... and yes I'm going to do it again!

Marix

No comments: