Friday, December 16, 2011

December Daily 2011 - Day 15

Simbang Gabi


I can't remember if I ever completed one but I do attend the Simbang Gabi when I was back in Manila.  But in my 11 years here in Singapore  I never even attempted to attend a single one. Maybe because I knew I wouldn't be able to complete the novena which takes 9 days (nights) and is held in different churches.  Tonight was my first time hopefully not my last one.  As expected the church was crowded and I was a bit distracted with all the buzzing noise while we are all eagerly waiting for the mass to start.  It's comforting to hear Tagalog church songs, it's uplifting  but there was a pinch in my heart knowing that I'm away from home.  After the mass I was lucky to bump into Father Kamil who gladly posed with me for a photo.There was free porridge which is bland but still soothing to my hungy belly =)
Tonight my soul was nourished. Thank you Lord for all the blessings.

No comments: