Monday, March 12, 2012

Leslie's baby shower

Pin It

A happy Sunday afternoon!
It was another fun party with our friends to celebrate the coming of Baby Lara to Dex and Leslie's family.

Late last year we told Leslie that we're throwing her a baby shower and I suggested a pink and purple party which she approved.  Due to some personal reasons I wasn't able to organize the party early on, she's due to give birth any moment so we're whispering to Baby Lara don't come out yet til we're done with the shower party.

Since I had the freedom to choose a theme, I decided to go for a teddy bear party and Jinky was thrilled to do a teddy bear themed cake!  But wait, I told her it's a teddy bear riding on a hot air balloon.  Challenging but spells cuteness!!!


The making...


clockwise: Teddy bear toy (from Blue Magic), invitation, sign frame, balloon hanger, sweets stick label
The invitation is stamped with a fizzy moon image colored with my soluble crayons.  I've been loving my crayons since I gave up my copic markers.  The signs were made using fizzy moon papers.

Banner with hot air balloon hangers tied with helium balloons

Hot Air Balloon with Teddy Bear cake in pink and purple by Jinky

Diaper cake (made by Cel),  I used my Fuji Instax Camera to take instant photos for the guest book

The bucket is recycled from a Maltesers, concept of a hot air balloon display inspired from here.

Teddy bear key chains (from Blue Magic) as souvenirs with stamped tags again colored with soluble crayons.
Guest book and altered lunch box as storage

Guest book, papers from Fizzy Moon, instant photos using Fuji instax camera
And now we're all awaiting for Baby Lara... next project... what's the theme for Baby Lara's Baptism?  *winks*

Have a great week!

-Marix

1 comment:

salme said...

Love the hot air balloon na teddy bear. Ang galing!