Thursday, May 24, 2012

Alice in Wonderland


Pin It
I'm not a big fan of Alice, though I really like the concept when it comes to parties LOL.

My dear friend's niece is celebrating her 18th birthday, and it's finalized that Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton style is the theme. The party is going to be on November of this year, though a long way to go, there are lots of details to consider, so we've been brainstorming as early as January.  And yes we watched the movie just to have an idea for the decorations, lame right? LOL

The very first output for the party is the invitation.  Though I've been given the requirements/design way way back, I was taken aback on how to accomplish the concept.  It should be something workable, the materials should be available, and bottom line is to make it look classy, still handmade, shabby but not sloppy LOL

One weekend after Lara's party I decided to sit on it and started making the prototype.  My big dilemma is the black cs that is part of the requirement.  After some sketchings, measurements, snips,  print, stamping and embossing, the final prototype was completed.  Will it pass the debutante's fickle taste?

Well it did!  But it dawned on me that this invitation will be mass produced for at least 100 pieces!  Embossing is the critical part, should I? will I?   Together with my friends we've started cutting the basic pieces. Can't show  the actual prototype yet until all invitations are sent out.


--------
Just started blog hopping again....

Sad to hear about the closing of Scrapbooks Etc  magazine.  For me they are the most affordable and very helpful magazine for scrapbooking.

Glad to hear about Jennifer Mcguire's new baby, such an adorable girl.

Hampton Art acquired KI Memories


Hambly is bidding adieu to scrapbooking? so sad to hear about this.

Heidi Sonboul is designing papers for GCD,  oh happy day! indeed!

Sasha Farina launched her etsy shop, Sew PaperPlay... lots of  handmade cuteness!

My blogger friend ScrapperMaya launched a new challenge blog From Scrappers to Scrappers, join in the fun!

It's almost weekend, not excited though since I will be on-call for work, but still keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a lovely Thursday!


3 comments:

Genevive said...

cant wait to see the invite! so interesting :)
and love the way u enumerated the latest from scrapworld... newscaster na newscaster ang dating hehehe :)

Genevive said...

cant wait to see the invite! so interesting :)
and love the way u enumerated the latest from scrapworld... newscaster na newscaster ang dating hehehe :)

Genevive said...

cant wait to see the invite! so interesting :)
and love the way u enumerated the latest from scrapworld... newscaster na newscaster ang dating hehehe :)