Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lara's Baptism


Well hello blog! Been busy at work for the past weeks/months that gave my online life a sudden halt.
I miss scrapping a lot, so much! that when my dear friend Leslie ask for a simple decoration for her daughter's Baptism, my mojo started picking up.  I knew I couldn't match the baby shower preparations we had since I was on time constraint plus my work schedule is getting out of hand.  So I decided to use a theme which is simple and workable within my schedule. Jinky was not yet decided with her cake topper but confirmed that her color theme is baby pink and white.

So here's my theme, a baby pink and white butterfly baptism party ;)


The butterfly banner, papers are from Colorbok paper kit, I used a Maya Road sheer butterfly album as a pattern and the paper tagger was used to attached them together.

The sweet and very dainty baby cake by Jinky.

The desserts! I made cake pops again and used Martha butterfly punch as toppers.  The sweet jar was altered and sweet sign was made with a hand cut butterfly.  The baptism favors are the yummy onesie cookies by Jinky.

Table accents included a framed layout, a sign frame, scattered flowers and butterflies and butterfly garland.

I used Prima paper and Colorbok paper kit for the LO, the frame is from Daiso painted with Making Memories acrylic paint.  Though this is a simple LO, I was happy with the outcome.  I was impressed with the photo quality which I just grabbed from Leslie's Facebook.  I just added the phrase to the photo using free font. The paper pompoms were a good find at Daiso, it's pre-cut with a twistie so all I did was to shape  them.


The balloons accented with the pompoms, ribbons and butterfly cut-outs with Lara's photo.

Clockwise: The happy mommy Leslie, Jinky, Josh and Siel, and yours truly.  By the way I was blessed to be Lara's godmother, love you baby Lara =)

It's almost 12midnight here, so to all the mothers ...


To my beloved Mama, happy mother's day..I miss you so much...love you more and more, see you in my dreams...
Pin It

1 comment:

Iris Babao Uy said...

wow Marix!! YOu did all this! Galing!