Friday, June 07, 2013

Artist wannabe

Pin It 

 Finally my contribution to the Upcycle - Recycled book art is now ready for viewing at Bishan Library.  I did a spread for the "Book of Dreams" ...

Since I was in charge of the first page, I don't have any idea on how to begin as I don't have anything to based on.  So I thought of using my scrapping tools to create the page.



The papers are recycled materials like the lady which was paper pieced from a brochure, the paper used for the big butterfly background and the punched flowers and butterflies were old magazines.  I used stencils, stamps, mist, paints and stickles to finish the page.

It's always a challenge for me when I create pages/LOs without photos.  I was satisfied with the outcome but I wish I could have misted a  bit more to make the background vibrant.
 


No comments: